Director of Sales and Marketing
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain and promote a teamwork environment, working with sales and marketing managers to ensure understanding of sales & marketing strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the company.
• Oversee long-term marketing strategies to meet revenue goals and annual sales targets
• Ensure hotels meet or exceed budgeted goals.
• Updating and owning the sales strategy & sales plan with the Chief Operating Officer.
• Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
• Responsible for the training and development of sales managers and staff.
• Evaluates and drives the hotels’ participation in various channels.
• Assesses & reacts to market trends, market share & the competitive hotel environment.
• Fluent in reading/assimilating/using financial P&L, forecasting, group pace/position & a wide array of traditional hotel reporting.
• Manage sales activity & travel schedule.
• Review current marketing trends to determine the effectiveness of different styles and strategies
• Collaborate with the business team to uncover insights and strategies to develop and implement marketing and branding strategies for new and existing products, internally and externally
• Contribute to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; recommending options and courses of action; and implementing directives.
• Influences present and future products by determining and evaluating current and future market trends.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or MBA.
• 8 to 10 years’ experience in the sales or related professional area. Minimum 5 years experience in a senior sales role.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent command of English
• Computer literacy
• Comprehensive knowledge of business needs, financial reporting and productivity requirements
• Advanced Leadership skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to travel
• Ability to adapt and respond to changing working environment